Sunday, April 11, 2010

Re: 10 + 5

Damn, I suck at maintaining blogs. To break the dry spell, I'll do the 10 + 5 also inspired by Tracy. Also just doing this because I love lists...

10 Bare necessities of Life (yeah, man!)

1. Hand sanitizer. As much as I love little kids, they have some alternate form of the Midas touch. Everything they touch turns into germs. Touch, try to eat, SAME THING.

2. Water--both for drinking and running alongside. It's far too humid for spring weather, and the Schuylkill River has become my new Princeton Canal. I found out on friday that I'm officially registered for the broad street run, so it looks like I'll be seeing a lot of the Schuylkill in the next three weeks.

3. My watch/Time/Deadlines. I've had it for so long that I might as well get it tattooed onto me. Even if I don't have it on, i still unconsciously stare at my wrist every 15 min to check the time. If I didn't have deadlines, I would get nothing done.

4. My Penn Student ID. It gives me free access to the libraries, online journals, and discounts to JCrew. Too bad it has an expiration date...

5. Pandora. It's my musical companion in work and life. One con is that the selection is limited, so I need to find a replacement. 

6. Trader Joe's. It has a great selection of food, and the staff is always ready to be your new bff. New find this week: tomato basil hummus. YUM.

7. Home decor. I just recently started caring about this. I just got new amber and plum colored curtains for my room, and they make all the difference in the world. I've always envisioned having a wall filled with framed photographs. Now I just need to make it happen. Michaels, here i come!

8. Aveeno Moisturizer. I love this stuff and have it in every form possible.

9. My agenda book. I've kept one every year since high school, and even with the invention of smart phones and online calendars, I'm still a paper and pen type of girl. Plus, I don't have to worry about battery life or damage (give or take a couple coffee stains).

10. Comfy PJ bottoms. Right now I have yellow ones with bunnies on them, and they are my go-to pants the instant I come home.

5 Things the world could live without

1. Teenage flash mobs. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/25/us/25mobs.html

2. People wearing tights as pants. Considering this trend started last season, you would think people would have grown out of it by now. I guess that's why they started making jeggings, but let's not even get into that.

3. Ringback tones. Listening to Neyo was never part of my job description. 

4. Housewives of (insert state). Makes me ashamed to be from New Jersey.  

5. http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/ Ewww...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your watch!! yes!!

hurrah for the virtual update, and i can't wait to see you next weekend :)

tortuemaniac said...

Ew that last website...

Anonymous said...

LOL ditto to Pandora and Aveeno!!!! I love my moleskine planner :D

also, in addition to housewives of NJ, i'd like to add Jersey Shore. WHYYYYY!?

Lindsay said...

you should update this.